"Road Diets serve those that shop here, work here, do business here, live here, rather than privilege those who would simply drive through here fast." -Charles Gandy, Mobility Coordinator, City Long Beach
Here's a conversation between crash dummies about road-diets.
"Who would go out with you, you Dummy!"
Road Diets are applicable to Laguna's current roadway projects under evaluation today. Here are before and after views how road-diets are accomplished.
Value added benefit of Road Diets (coined 1996):
- Where implemented property values go up
- Businesses improve after road-diet. - Dan Burden
- Allows the street to be used more efficiently
- Cost efficient $50k per mile
- One traffic signal costs $300-400k. - Mike Sallaberry, Trans Engineer, SF MTA