Columbus Ohio doesn't have a rail system and they aren't building 8 parking structures. Instead they are buying bus passes for 43,000 workers.
|Click for CITYLAB story|
- Office rents tumble, vacancies up, business blame insufficient parking, sound familiar?
- Building parking structures is cost prohibitive and futile
- Developers, property owners, employers, and cities subsidize actual parking costs
- Parking Requirements tie cars to job access
- Building owners pay for Free-Pass instead of Parking Requirements
- Pilot Free-Pass program doubled ridership, frees- up parking
- Laguna Beach Live/Work take note